Promise i am ALMOST done with catching up on posts!! This is a post from Timmy--my amazing partner, best friend, and most amazing daddy!! Don't know how i'd have survived these past 12 months without all his support, love, dedication, and selflessness! Love you!!
Big Poppa T-Bone's Blog Post
- Sleep is one of the most precious things in this world. The first four months were by far the hardest. If we didn't have such an amazing family (especially our moms Carole and Julie...y'all are amazing!) I don't think I would be here today. I remember in college staying up all night, but it was ok because the next day I could sleep whenever I wanted...not so with triplets and a job!
- I am not made to change poopie diapers...unless Lauren, Carole, or my Mom aren't around. In that case I kinda have to, but I barely get through it.
- Bath time is the BEST time! These kids love to take a bath and I love having that special bonding time with them. It is hilarious to see them splash each other, fight over getting to the running faucet, and having a great time playing with their bath toys.
- My wife can tell when I am "fake sleeping" at 4:00 AM. With that being said...she is amazing at taking 99% of the morning shifts and never expecting anything in return.
- When people find out that I have year old triplets they usually say one of three phrases; "You don't look tired!", "Well, you don't have any grey hair.", and "Better you than me!" All I can say to these statements are that I am tired, but can't complain about it or show it because my superwoman wife never does. I eventually will have grey hair, and no I will not use color. And finally, yes, better me than you, because these kids light up my life like nothing else.
- Be careful what you try to teach them. You might think it is funny to bite their cheeks, or blow on their tummies....but when they start doing it to me...it isn't always funny!
- It is absolutely amazing that these kids came from the same parents. They are all so uniquely different and it is such a cool thing to see their individual personalities. Lance is very cautious, but likes adventure. Layton is a total goober and loves to laugh. Londy...well she is crazy! She is a firecracker and I can tell she will give me a run for my money...well deserved I guess. (I think you are going to get your wish, mom. I will have a child that gives me a harder time than I gave you!)
- My time...is their time. I was fortunate enough to grow up with great parents who gave the majority of their time to give us a great life. I now realize why they did/do it. I look forward to getting home and spending time with these kids. WHen I walk through the door and see three smiling faces...well there just isn't anything in this world that can beat that. Well, maybe four smiling faces...JUST KIDDING!! Three is plenty ...